Nova Scotia is a well known and popular destination for hunters who wish to pursue white tailed deer, black bear, Canada geese, ducks, and upland game such as pheasants and ruffed grouse.
Hunting seasons are:
- Bear – September 14 to December 5
- Deer (Bow) – September 26 to October 29 and December 7 to December 12
- Deer (Rifle) – October 30 to December 5
- Upland Game – October 1 to December 15
- Rabbit – November 1 to the last day of February
- Moose (open to residents only) – September 28 to October 3, October 5 to October 10 and December 8 to December 10.
All seasons excluding Sundays.
Experienced guides are available to make your hunting expedition an unforgettable adventure and can be acquired, as well as licences, through the resort management.
A licence for bear hunting for non-residents costs $126.66 HST included.